Doctors whose primary medical qualifications were obtained in a country other than Australia or New Zealand are known in Australia as international medical graduates (IMGs).
IMGs play a vital role in helping the Western Australian (WA) public health system, WA Health, meet its service delivery responsibilities.
Overview of the Australian and WA health systems
Information for IMGs
- Australian visa requirements for IMGs
- Gaining medical registration in Australia
- General employment information
- Finding a job in WA Health
- Working in general practice in rural WA
Information for employers
- Living and Working in Western Australia: an Orientation Manual for International Medical Graduates (PDF 1.3MB)
- Orientation to Australian health system and working in Western Australia (PPT 9.9MB)