The wellbeing of the prevocational medical officers in Western Australia is a key focus of the Postgraduate Medical Council of WA. Here you will find some key resources to support you during your junior doctor years ensuring that your wellbeing is also getting focus from each of you.
In WA, the COVID-19 situation remains on our minds and our health services are remaining ready for future scenarios. During these uncertain times if you or a colleague are finding things overwhelming or are experiencing any difficulties in your personal or professional life, help and support is available.
- Doctors’ Health Advisory Service of WA (DHASWA) has some useful links specific to the current COVID-19 crisis. Click here to visit the COVID-19 tab on their website (external link).
- Doctors’ Health Advisory Service of WA: Click here to read an open letter to interns in the time of COVID-19 (external link).
- JMO Survival Guide developed by the PMCWA and the JMO Forum
- JMO Wellbeing Guide developed by the PMCWA and the JMO Forum
- Hospital resources: As well as these resources, each site has a Postgraduate Medical Education team (listed below) who you can approach if you are having difficulties coping in your medical career.